John B.Newbrough – Oahspe
Oahspe is more than a book. It is a way of life. Oahspe is filled with inspiration and spiritual truths. Oahspe is pronounced: O as in o’clock, AH as in father, SPE as in speak. Oahspe means SKY, EARTH and SPIRIT. Oahspe teaches man to recognize his oneness with the “infinite spirit of the universe”, and accept this infinite intelligence, as his guiding light and inspiration. Oahspe is a miracle in itself. It contains the highest ethical, moral and spiritual teachings. Oahspe answers many questions, explaining many profound myseries. It floods the mind of the new reader with “New Light” on subjects life and death. Oahspe is a Bible of advanced spiritual truth, universal light and knowledge. Oahspean’s have a Declaration of Principles: Articles of Faith
- We believe there is but one ruler in the universe, and He is the Creator, the Great Spirit, the Almighty, Jehohvih; all was and ever shall be.
- We believe our corporeal bodies are His and dedicated and covenanted to Him, to be in His service during our lifetimes.
- We believe in the continuity of life and that man’s evolution is never finished.
- We believe that every individual is responsible for his own acts, and that no man can carry the sins of another.
- We believe each individual born into the world is a child of the Creator, and that all men are brothers.
- We affirm the universe is governed by the law of the Creator, which is absolute, eternal, unchangeable and is sufficient reason for all things seen and unseen.
- Although we believe no book is infallible, we accept the Oahspe Bible as our guide to daily living.
- We believe it is our duty to help our brothers and sisters of the Human Family; to give love, wisdom, truth, and service and to do these at every opportunity in order that they may learn to help themselves and others. To become ministers, administering to others.
- We believe the greatest satisfaction and happiness of one’s life is to serve others, especially the young. Raising them up to work with the hands and well as the mind and teaching them to work in communities, to establish the worship of the Father, and to help bring about His Kingdom on Earth, and world peace and brotherhood.
- We believe that any desire, thought, or act, which will injure one’s self or another, to be unjust and immoral. We abjure war or violence, discard of conflict in any form, and will not aid or abet in it. And we believe it is our duty to live in Peace and Harmony with the entire Human Family. To strive to overcome all tendencies of hate, jealousy, malice, conceit, envy, deceit, and all forms of physical, mental, emotonal, and moral weakness. To increase knowledge of one’s self, of life, and of nature; and to use this knowledge properly for selfimprovement; to work toward spiritual developement of love, wisdom, peace, universal understanding, that we may be of greater service to God, our Country, our community, and our Fellow Man.